January brought some important news in the transition to low carbon energy. Japanese industrial conglomerate Hitachi is to stop developing a nuclear reactor at Wylfa in Wales.
This didn’t make many headlines. It had been expected for a while, and it happened in the UK where Brexit is a national pre-occupation. But it is worth reflecting on. It has broad international ramifications.
Read more …
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS)
- CVS Health is an American retail pharmacy, healthcare company and insurer.
- They are able to leverage their size to negotiate discounts on drug prices, which benefits their customers.
- Their business directly benefits from reducing US healthcare costs whilst delivering better outcomes.
- They currently have an historically cheap valuation of 9x PE and 8x EV/Ebitda compared with their five year average of 15x and 9x.
- They have an experienced management team that understands the strategic change in the industry.
The American healthcare system is one of the world’s largest markets, Read more …