WHEB is a people business. We want to attract and retain the most talented people. To do that we need to make WHEB a great place to work and build a career. We also need to recognise that there is more to life than work, and we need to support our employees’ commitments outside of work too. We spend a lot of time thinking about how we can create an environment and a working style which is designed to support families, working parents, and an attractive work-life balance.
Below is a list of some of the policies and benefits which we have put in place so far. It is not complete, but it is a starting point from which we aim to build. We are keen to put some of these in a public place so that existing and prospective employees can find them easily.
If you have any questions or would like any further information on any of the below, please contact Laura Grenier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We aim to support new and working parents with a progressive approach to parental leave.
- We offer 6 months’ fully paid leave for mothers but most importantly, this can be shared between new parents at any point in the first 12 months after birth. We want to enable both parents to participate in childcare should they choose to. (The eligibility criterion is one year’s continuous service before the leave starts.)
Supporting work/life balance:
- Every 5 years, WHEB employees qualify for a month of additional paid holiday as a sabbatical. The aim is that this will enable staff to take a 6-week break (taking two weeks holiday on top) and have a chance to really switch off.
- We are supportive of flexible working practices and working from home where practical.
- 25 days holiday allowance (plus bank holidays).
- Employees can take 2 additional days away from work every year to use for volunteering. The two days can be spread over a period if it is a monthly commitment of two hours for example.
Reward is about more than just pay:
- We operate a range of schemes to provide employees with private medical cover, life assurance, pension contributions, cycle to work schemes, childcare vouchers, a corporate mobile phone allowance and more.
- WHEB is an accredited Living Wage Employer and committed to ensuring that everyone working for us, not just directly employed staff but also third party contracted staff, will earn a living wage.
Please see our Recruitment page for current vacancies.